It’s no secret that Sophia Bush is a beloved actress (best known for her role in One Tree Hill as everyone’s favorite ‘mean girl’ with a heart of gold, Brooke Davis) and a gorgeous budding style icon. And though she was already one of our favorite gals for those reasons alone, she became an immediate icon when we found out how involved she is in philanthropic efforts. Women Rights, LGBTQ Rights, Animal Rights, the Environment, Education; you name is Sophia is out there tweeting, fundraising, building, picketing, adopting, working and raising awareness to make the world a better place for all. Strong, smart, beautiful, powerful women like Sophia are the ultimate Lydia girls so it was only fitting that we make her the third in our Icons series. Keep reading for some cool facts and an outfit board inspired by the star!
5. One of her very first roles was in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch as one of “The Fates” — three girls who control the destinies of every person on Earth.
6. Her favorite scent is night blooming jasmine, because they were planted outside her window as a little girl.
7. Through Pencils of Promise, Sophia has helped raise enough money to build three schools for impoverished children in Guatemala.
8. Her favorite type of coffee is an Americano.
9. She has said she would choose “never having to sleep” as her superpower.
10. Sophia is a huge advocate for allowing pitbulls to be adopted by families, having rescued more than one pup from the breed herself.